Features / Benefits
- 28% increase in flow over stock
- Proven power, torque, and airflow gains
- Modular CNC-machined billet Aluminum compressor inlet adapter rings
- Fully integrated PCV recirculation artery
- OEM PCV functionality for adequate crankcase ventilation
- Aircraft grade cast Aluminum construction
- CNC-machined mounting flanges, inlet and outlets
- Smooth airflow transitions
- Direct bolt-on fitment. (Does not work with stock intake.)
- Unitronic 4" Turbo Inlet Elbow for 2.5 TFSI EVO
- 1 x Unitronic Adapter Ring (56.5 mm, 62.8 mm, 66 mm or 70 mm)
- Wastegate Silicone Vacuum Line
- All Necessary Hardware Included
Using its in-house Superflow SF-1020 Flow Bench, Unitronic Engineers further validated designs to ensure that the Unitronic 4" Turbo Inlet effectively optimizes airflow in a variety of conditions. The OEM inlet yielded a peak flow rate of 581 CFM at 28" of H2O (Aq), while the Unitronic 4" Turbo Inlet Elbow achieved 744 CFM, for a gain of 28% over the OEM inlet.
Overall product design proceeds through, not only focusing on increasing overall performance of the product, but also the small and often overlooked aspects of the product’s design and function are of utmost importance to Unitronic. With a product like this 4" Inlet, it was important for aspects such as positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) to be analyzed to ensure that the PCV system will continue to function as originally intended by Audi’s Engineers, allowing crankcase pressure to be properly ventilated, as we all know what can happen over the long term, when crankcase pressure is not properly managed. As a result, extra attention was spent to allow for a complete one-piece PCV design. In keeping consistent with the factory emissions and PCV systems, Unitronic’s fully integrated PCV routing functions as it was originally intended. A pressure plot of the PCV exit shows that it has been positioned for optimized function, aligned with the factory’s intent.
Through the elimination of upstream [pre-compressor] restrictions, Unitronic’s new 4" Turbo Inlet Elbow improves the efficiency of the factory Borg-Warner turbocharger and is compatible with many mainstream stock frame hybrid turbochargers, including The Turbo Engineers TTE700, Iroz Xona 710H & 780H, Pure Turbos, and SRM/EC GTX35, through it’s versatile, precisely CNC-machined billet Aluminium compressor inlet adapters.
The Unitronic 4 inch Turbo Inlet Elbow for vehicles equipped with the 2.5 TFSI EVO engine is designed to be simple to install with all the necessary hardware included. Installation time will take approximately one hour including the removal of the factory elbow and installation of your new Turbo Inlet Elbow.
NOTE: This product is compatible with Left Hand Drive (LHD) models only.
Does not work with stock intake.